CONNECT WITH GREGORY
Areas of Expertise
- Assurance & Advisory
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Tax Specialty Services
- Wealth Management
Gregory A. Kniss, CPA
Gregory Kniss, CPA, is Chairperson for KROST & KBKG. Greg has been actively involved with the firm's business consulting and tax practice for nearly 40 years.
Early in his career, Greg expanded and later became the Principal in charge of the firm’s restaurant industry practice. Over the years, it became the firm’s largest industry niche. Today, the restaurant group does outsourced accounting, financial, tax and operational consulting for restaurant companies in several states. In 2001, he introduced the tax concept of Cost Segregation to the Principal group and established a separate tax consulting practice. Today, KBKG is a national tax consulting practice providing specialty tax services, including Cost Segregation, Research and Development tax credits, Green Building tax incentives, employment tax credit consulting, Repairs vs Capitalization consulting, IC-DISC consulting, and Transfer Pricing to clients around the country.
Currently, Greg is the Chairperson for KROST and its sister company KBKG with (7) seven offices around the country (Pasadena, CA, Woodland Hills, CA, West Los Angeles, CA, New York City, Chicago, Dallas, and Atlanta).
He received his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting from California Lutheran University in 1983 while working his internship with the firm.
- KROST & KBKG, Chairperson (2022 — Present)
- KROST & KBKG, Managing Principal (2009 — 2021)
- KBKG, Principal (2001)
- KROST, Principal (1989)
- KROST, Manager (1987 — 1989)
- KKB, Staff (1982 — 1987)
- Member of California Society of CPAs (1987 — Present)
- Member of American Institute of CPAs (1987 — Present)
- Member of California Restaurant Association (1983 — Present)
- Member of National Restaurant Association (1990 — Present)
- PrimeGlobal Board of Directors, World Board — Previous Member
- PrimeGlobal Board of Directors, North American Region — Previous Member
- California Restaurant Association Board of Directors, LA Chapter — Member