CONNECT WITH LOU
Areas of Expertise
- Tax Specialty Services
- Financial Services Sector
- Tax Implications of 1031 Exchanges
- R&D Tax Credits
- Real Estate
Lou Guerrero, CPA, MBT
PRINCIPAL — TAX PRACTICE LEADER
Luis (Lou) A. Guerrero, CPA, MBT is Vice President of KROST CPAs and Consultants and is a co-founder of KBKG, Tax Credits, Incentives, and Cost Recovery consulting firm. As the Tax Practice department leader for KROST, Lou is responsible for the overall tax function of the firm and specializes in clients in the financial services sector (hedge funds, money managers, private equity), family office and high net worth individuals, real estate, food service (restaurants and related), technology (including manufacturing and distribution) and professional service firms.
In addition, for KBKG, Lou is responsible for tax-related matters involving a team of engineers and tax professionals that address cost segregation, green energy tax incentives, employment-based tax credits, and other tax-related products.
After earning his undergraduate degree in business administration with an emphasis in finance and economics from California State University, Chico, Lou rounded out his formal education by completing the Accounting Program at the University of California at Santa Barbara and earned his master’s degree in business taxation from Golden Gate University.
Lou is a frequent speaker on cost segregation, 1031 exchanges, and research and development tax credits for his firms’ educational webinars series and for many other organizations including the California Society of CPAs.
- KROST, Principal (January 1995 — Present), Tax Practice Leader (2005 — Present)
- KBKG, Principal (1999 — Present), Tax Practice Leader, Research Tax Credits Leader (2012 — Present)
- Deloitte LLP, Senior Tax Manager, Los Angeles (August 1984 — August 1992)
- PrimeGlobal – Mid-Tier Tax PLC Chair (2017 – Present)
- PrimeGlobal – Manufacturing & Distribution Group, Co-Chair (2013 — Present)
- Member of California Restaurant Association (1995 — Present)
- Member National Restaurant Association (1995 — Present)
- Member of California Society of CPAs (1986 — Present)
- Member of American Institute of CPAs (1986 — Present)
- Southeast Ventura County YMCA Board Member (2017 — Present)
- Southeast Ventura County YMCA Campaign Committee (June 2017 — Present)
- Southeast Ventura County YMCA Finance Committee (June 2017 — Present)
- Westlake Baseball Association (2001 — 2007)
- Westlake Village Community Park & YMCA Fundraising Committee (2010 — 2013)
- Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (1992 — Present)
- Hispanic Professional Roundtable, AAHCPA, Alternate Representative (1990 — 1991)
- Westlake Baseball Association
- Agoura Baseball Foundation
- NJB Westlake Basketball